We are about to begin our study of ancient China.Did you know that components of this culture are still in existence today?
Follow these steps to locate a recent news article (within the past 30 days) about events taking place in China.
- Go towww.CNN.com.
- At the top of the page above the Search box, click CNN news.
- Type “China” into the text input box and click the Search button.
- Read the article titles and short descriptions and choose an article you find interesting.
- If you don’t find an article on the first page, click the Next>> button at the bottom of the page to see more articles.
Here are some examples of articles about China and its climate that can be found at CNN.com:
Once you’ve chosen an article, complete the questions below:
- How does the event described in the article have an impact on the daily life of the people of China today?
- Does the physical geography of the country impact events in this article?If so, how?
- If not, what is the major focus of this article?
Be sure to include this information:
- Who is the article about?
- What event is the article about?
- When did the event take place?
- When was the article published?
- Where did the event take place?
- Why did you choose this article?
Submit the completed worksheet to your teacher in Rich Text Format.