Assignment: Presenting Change as a Leader in Practice
This Assignment will serve as a course level assessment for the following outcomes:
- DN753-4: Synthesize health care policy information to affect health care system improvement in evidenced based care.
- PC-2.2: Formulate innovative solutions for identified initiatives.
Before you create this presentation, review the resources below in the Writing Center:
- Elements of a PowerPoint Presentation
- Getting Started with Slides
- Designing an Effective Presentation
- Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations
For this Assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation that:
- Contains 13-15 slides (use the notes pages to clarify your ideas) to present to administrative leadership supporting your vision for the future of the organization.
- At the minimum, this is a list of slides that will help you get started on this Assignment. This is simply some information you should include as a guide for moving forward with the development of the presentation. It is expected that you will include more information in addition to this content:
- Title slide
- Gap in Practice
- Supporting Evidence
- Change in Practice
- Policy: Effects on Change
- Change: Effects on Policy
- Includes how you would integrate policy and system improvement trends to achieve optimum stakeholder outcomes.
- Is supported with a minimum of 10 scholarly, peer-reviewed sources external to those assigned in class for this unit;
- Follows the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- Is well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- Displays superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and;
- Presentation tips:
- Title slide
- Streamline slides with bullets that follow on one line
- Do not create text intensive slides
- Detailed notes on the note portion of the slide
- Images –you may use an image instead of text for some slides
- Voiceover for your narrative
- Reference slide with 10 scholarly peer reviewed sources. Please use APA 6th ed. formatting.
Content for this presentation must include:
- An explanation on how the practice change you presented in the assignments and discussions in this course support the long term sustainability for the organization over a 10 year period related to the mission, vision, information system use, and a return on the investment for the community to affect social change that innovates and optimizes health care delivery.
- An emphasis on the importance of policy use and compliance within the context of change and patient outcomes.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- Consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- Utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
To complete this assignment attached documents. Please follow instructions as provided. This Assignment needs to be perfect. Also need you to include some of this information: which explains the project already working. Please read and integrate to power point. Policy changes will be converting the implementation discharge tool into a policy so staff in the ED are obligated to utilize it and follow it to the point.
Evidence-based practice (EBP) will be used in discharge planning, which is a global priority, especially in acute care settings that offer inpatient services. The process entails a framework that coordinates communication, interdisciplinary care coordination, and decision making (Kueny et al., 2015). These efforts require close monitoring and evaluation throughout the discharge of patients.
The project will integrate EPB in its goal of implementing a discharge strategy that will optimize the communication and understanding between healthcare providers and patients. The process varies depending on various factors, such as the population of patients, the care model used, and research protocol (Risch, 2019). The EBP that will be integrated into the project is the one I witnessed in NYC hospital. My project is in use in working with Epic when discharging patients from the emergency department. The system comprises a follow-up procedure for the patients. This is a critical component of EBP that is significant in improving patient outcomes. It entails guiding them through the recovery process, where the providers are expected to use various patient engagement strategies (Audrea, 2016).
This aligns with the expected results of the project. It is offering patients high-quality discharge instructions to improve clinical outcomes. My observation at the NYC hospital is that the EBP is critical in minimizing the rates of unnecessary visits in the ED. Patients get opportunities for adhering to the follow-up guidelines since they have scheduled appointments. The care setting in Fl is different from that of NYC hospital because it does not integrate this EBP in discharging patients. This explains the reason for the frequent returns of the patients to the ED. This is explained by the lack of defined follow-up schedules between outpatient and doctors to continue with their care.
The EBP will be integrated into the project through an intensive review of the evidence that supports how the NYC hospital works with Epic in discharging patients. The process will include an analysis of data that explains how the EBP has been successful in the NYC hospital. The information may require a critical review before being integrated into the project. This process is essential to establishing the reliability, validity, and applicability of the EBP in the FL care setting. Some evidence-based practices may be applicable in specific contexts only.
Audrea, M. (2016). Using evidence to structure discharge planning. Journal of Nursing Management, 47(5), 22-23. Retrieved from https://www.nursingcenter.com/journalarticle?Article_ID=3488941&Journal_ID=54013&Issue_ID=3488867
Kueny, A, Shever, L. L, Mackin, L. M & Titler, G. M. (2015). Facilitating the implementation of evidence-based practice through contextual support and nursing leadership. Journal of Healthcare Leadership, 2015: (7) 2, 29-39. https://dx.doi.org/10.2147%2FJHL.S45077
Risch, S. (2019). Evidence-based practice in a clinical setting. Retrieved from https://resources.nurse.com/evidence-based-practice-clinical-setting-nnw