Textbook References: Clear references to the textbook are required in both the original thread post and both peer responses for all course DBs.
- Textbook references should come from the chapter(s) specified in the assignment prompt and be clearly connected to your post and the assignment topic.
- Be sure and include the chapter and page number from the textbook in your posts, for example (chapter 2, 59), just as you would do for any research paper/post!
– should be at least 500-600 words total and have a least 1 textbook reference from each specified chapter. You will have 2 references per original Discussion post.
Chapter 3: Fill out the “Who Do You Think You Are?” Survey. For the purposes of this exercise, you should include both positive and negative descriptors. Open this link:
- From each of the eight groups of terms, circle one word or phrase you think describes you best.
- For each of the eight words or phrases you circled, discuss how you came to believe you have that trait. Identify a specific person or event that helped develop each of the eight parts of your self-concept.
- Be sure to include terms from the chapter to help explain your self-concept development.
Chapter 4: Go on a technology fast for three days with two people in your life. No email, Facebook, Twitter, or texting. You may call or visit each other in person. If possible, do not tell the person your intentions. Simply change your mode of communication with them. Answer these questions:
- In what ways has social media influenced your perception of your relationships?
- How did your perception of your communication change when you altered your usual mode of electronically mediated communication?
- What was the other person’s reaction to the change in communication? Positive? Negative? Explain.
- Did you feel more satisfied or dissatisfied with the relationship, based on the increased face-to-face or phone interaction? Why or why not?
- Do you believe you will permanently make any changes to the way you communicate with this person? Why or why not?
- Be sure to include terms from the chapter to help explain perceptual influences.