Complete 2 page MBA Proposal (Caeplla)
Create a 2-3 page proposal that analyzes your business topic, defines the scope and strategy for how you will go about your capstone project, incorporates your BetterUp assessment and coaching, and explains how your proposed project allows you to demonstrate the MBA program outcomes.
Based on the feedback you received from faculty on your capstone summary in Assessment 1, you should now have a firm grasp on the scope of your project. In fact, if someone asks you what your project is about, you should have an “elevator speech” prepared. That is, you should have memorized 1–3 sentences that explain the topic, problem, and scope in a clear and concise way. With just these few sentences, explaining your project to someone while on a short elevator ride would be no trouble at all! Additionally, having such a clear vision will help you with this assessment and the project overall.
For this assessment, you will formally propose your capstone project and include a discussion on how you will apply your leadership skills and where they are relevant in your project. As part of this thought process, you will take a BetterUp leadership assessment and have a one-on-one session with a BetterUp coach. This will give you the ability to discuss how your identified strengths will help you to create a capstone project that is valuable to you, effectively demonstrates the program outcomes, and provides a meaningful learning experience.
- Read the information in the BetterUp Assessment and Coaching resources in this assessment.
- Take the BetterUp assessment, and access your results.
- Complete at least one BetterUp coaching session.
- Review the MBA Capstone Project Description [PDF].
Write a business proposal that formally proposes your capstone project and ends by asking for permission to continue, just as you might propose a project to a supervisor or client.
Include, at minimum, the following information:
- Analyze a business challenge or opportunity.
- Include an introduction about your proposal.
- Summarize the capstone project topic, scope, and components; saying that your capstone will comprise a paper and presentation is not enough.
- Establish the premise of your paper; for example, if your plan is to talk about how Dillard’s department store can come back after a huge financial loss, you should include citations that establish its dramatic financial loss.
- Define the strategy, scope, and action plan that you will use to complete the capstone project.
- Provide a general action plan on how you will research, analyze, and identify recommendations or solutions to this business challenge or opportunity.
- Discuss the general type of data sources you will be using to inform your analysis. Provide at least two specific sources that you are considering. These resources should be from credible sources such as the Wall Street Journal, IBIS, et cetera. Use the excellent Research Guide – MBA for locating credible resources from the Capella library’s business databases and article collections.
- Include the process or steps on how you will access the data necessary for analysis of a business topic or challenge.
- Explain how you will apply your leadership strengths (as identified in your BetterUp assessment results) and BetterUp coaching experience to support the various aspects of your project.
- Discuss how you will leverage your strengths, as uncovered in the BetterUp leadership strengths assessment, to the various aspects of your project, such as recommendations or business solutions. Also identify how you will address your leadership gaps that could impact or weaken your recommendations and solutions.
- Discuss how you can use the leadership coaching to assist you in completing a capstone project that you feel proud of and that allows you to effectively demonstrate your leadership skills and achievement of all program outcomes.
- Address how you can use coaching as a development tool to enable you to grow and develop as a leader.
- Write a conclusion.
- Include a wrap-up that ensures your supervisor/client that your project will meet all requirements, be valuable to them, and be completed on time.
- Be sure to conclude by asking for permission to continue to the next step.
Your proposal should be organized using these sections:
- Discussion of the Proposal.
- Strategy and Scope.
- Action Plan.
- Application of BetterUp Assessment Results and Coaching.