- Demonstrate the concept of operations functions, supply chain strategy and issues required for a new production design.
- Exhibit the factors to determine the production and service processes.
- Demonstrate process-flow analysis, process design solutions, operations strategies in the business operation.
Assignment Question(s):(Marks 5)
- Describe the nature of operations management in the following organizations. In doing this, first describe the operation process of the production system. Second, identify operations decisions. (Marks 3) (word count maximum:500)
- Suppose that a firm is considering moving from a batch process to an assembly-line process to better meet evolving market needs. What concerns might the following functions have about this proposed process change: marketing, finance, human resources, accounting, and information systems? (Marks 1) (word count maximum: 150)
- Take a tour of the Soap Factory and describe the process used? (Marks 1) (word count maximum: 100)
- A paper manufacturing
- An internal design office