Emotional Intelligence, Cultural Intelligence and Diversity. Individual Reflective Essay
Please note: Part 1 and 2 of the question is already completed. You already have the self assessments and Multiple Intelligence test of three people. Please see attachments 🙂
This individual reflective assignment requires you to demonstrate a comprehensive
understanding of Learning Outcomes .
1. Complete a self-assessment on Howard Gardner’s Basic Multiple Intelligences Test and
Daniel Goleman’s EQ Instrument: 1. Complete a self-assessment on Howard Gardner’s
Basic Multiple Intelligences Test
Download the free Multiple Intelligences test (based on Howard Gardner’s model) – in
MSExcel self-calculating format from the following free online link below;
nces%20tests and Complete Daniel Goleman’s EQ Instrument from the free online link
Your responses should be completely your own.
2. Contact two people who know you reasonably well (e.g. work colleagues, close friends,
family members). Provide them with the link or hard-copy version of the same two
survey instruments and request that they complete the survey as an assessment of you
and mail their survey results to you once completed.
3. Using the Johari Window model for self-awareness, critically analyse your own findings
and those of your associates to reflect on what you have learned about yourself. Write
a 1200-word reflective essay (+/- 10% word count) based on the assessment results
you have gathered. Discuss key areas of strengths and areas for improvement. In
particular, review major differences between your self-assessment and those that you
received from your chosen two associates.
4. In addition to an introduction and conclusion, the reflective essay should comprise three
In Part 1, critically compare your results with those of the two people who evaluated
you. In your analysis, use the 4 quadrants of the Johari Window i.e. Open, Blind,
Hidden, Unknown (approx. 400 words). In Part 2, analyse your strengths and
weaknesses based on your own survey results and discuss possible improvements
(approx. 300 words). In Part 3, reflect on what competencies you would like to
develop in order to function well as a global citizen. Provide practical examples with
the assumption you work in a culturally diverse global organisation (approx. 400
Your reflective essay should include:
• An academic analysis of your own experience. This should include a critical reflection on
your thoughts, feelings and actions. Ensure to integrate these reflections with theoretical
concepts. Reflective essay can be entirely written in the first person.
• A brief discussion of identified strengths and areas for development presenting your own
results, your associates’ results, and a discussion of the patterns, similarities/differences,
and trends you discover. Also, please ensure you link your discussions to appropriate
• Evidence of integration of feedback received from your associates, as well as consideration
of your own past experiences and feedback from other sources you’ve received in years
• A clear conclusion reflecting how your new insights may assist you with a potential career
in a culturally diverse organisation.
• A reference list.
• This paper requires a significant amount of analysis and personal reflection. This means
that you should consider the Johari Window model by breaking down its four parts and
reflecting on how the various quadrants provide a deeper understanding of yourself.
• The attached marking rubrics guide the marker when awarding marks for your reflective
essay. You should review your paper in line with this to ensure there is nothing you have
• It is important to check your similarity in Turnitin. All sentences highlighted must be either
paraphrased in your own words or put in quotes and referenced accordingly. You should
be aiming for as low a similarity score as you can. Similarity highlighted in a contents page,
reference list or appendices is nothing to be concerned about.