managament, Module 4: Capstone Assignment
Module 4: Capstone Assignment
Examine the following scenario:
Judy Miller, Chief Information Officer (CIO) of Zungoo Electronics, manages about a $1B worth of projects every year. One of the key challenges is to identify which projects to fund at the beginning of each year. The CIO has multiple projects in the queue for the coming year covering all aspects of all departments. Upgrades support and individual departments have placed project requests. The CIO has appointed you as the lead project manager and tasked you with creating a project prioritization system to evaluate project request against metrics and measures important to Zungoo Electronics.
For your assignment, please address the following questions. Your responses should be integrated in a well-written paper.
- Develop a project selection and screening system with stage-gate review, including project performance criteria.
- What criteria will be used to prioritize projects? Please include a diagram for clarity and identify the building blocks.
- What steps and gate reviews will you include?
- How does your project prioritization system differ from one you might see in manufacturing?
- If you have decided to use either the NPV method or payback method to assess the viability of new projects, what information would you need for each of these methods?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 2-3 pages in length plus graphical elements
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements
- Include two credible sources. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.