Need for a class project
Select a role that an adult may occupy during adulthood (e.g. a parent, a
grandparent, a worker, a volunteer, a learner, a retiree, etc.)
Develop a ten-to-twelve slide PowerPoint presentation (excluding title
and reference slides) that compares and contrasts this adult role
between the 20th and the 21st century. Make sure that you use at least
six scholarly references in your presentation, cited according to APA
guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. The presentation
should include detailed speaker notes for each slide.
Your presentation should address the following:
Define the chosen role in the 20th century:
were the demographics of this role? (e.g. only 3% of the population
aged over 50 were participating in learning opportunities. 85% of these
were male. 90% were aged between 50 and 60, etc.)
2. What were the societal and cultural norms concerning this role?
Define the chosen role in the 21st century:
1. What is the current demographic information about this role?
2. What are the current societal and cultural norms concerning this role?
Evaluate the change between this role in the 20th century and the 21st century:
have the following factors impacted the changing nature of this role in
the 21st century: cultural, economic, political, and psychological?
2. What community resources, organizations, services, and programs
have been developed since 1980 that provide a support for this role and
what is their function?
3. What new challenges are faced in this role in the 21st century?
4. How do you believe that this role will continue to evolve in the future?
5. Would you have preferred to occupy this role in the 20th or 21st century? Why?
Writing the Final ProjectThe Final Project:
1. Must be ten to twelve PowerPoint slides in length and follow APA
style for formatting as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Must include a title page slide with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
3. Must address the topic of the presentation with critical thought.
4. Must use at least six scholarly sources formatted according to APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
5. Must include a separate reference slide, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.