Outline for a Narrative Speech for Unhealthy diets and effects on Students especially on AVC College students
1) Define Unhealthy food/diet
2) History of unhealthy food
3) Causes and symptoms of eating unhealthy food
4) Treatment- what can we do to change those bad habits
5) Effects of bad diet on college students (specifically in AVC College)
6) Positive effects of bad diet/ if any!
7) Technology advancements and how it helps or hurts when it comes to bad diet
8) Genetics and how that contributes with the effects of bad diet on students
9) How can college students be helped or what can they do about bad/unhealthy diet
THIS OUTLINE NEEDS TO HAVE AN ATTENTION GRABBER IT NEEDS TO START WITH A QUOTE ABOUT UNHEALTHY FOOD OR SOMETHING THAT IS AN ATTENTION GRABBER/SHOCKING FACT SOMETHING TO STAND OUT. HERE ARE SOME OF THE FACTS FROM SUPER SIZE ME MOVIE THAT CAN BE USED BUT PLEASE ADD THE CORRECT REFERENCE FOR THOSE:
What Is Knowing These Supersize Me Statistics So Important?
1. At least 1 out of every 3 kids born today will develop diabetes at some point within their lifetime.
2. 60% of Americans right now are defined as being overweight or obese based on their BMI percentage.
3. If left unchecked, obesity is expected to surpass smoking as the leading cause of preventable death in the United States.
4. The average child sees over 10,000 television advertisements every year and children under the age of 6 believe that what is being said in an advertisement is fact, not marketing.
5. McDonald’s distributes more toys every year than Toys-R-Us does.
6. Only 7 items on the entire menu that McDonald’s offers contain no sugar at all.
7. The World Health Organization has declared obesity has a global epidemic.
This outline needs to be 2-3 pages and it needs to be in the exact format of the sample outline by my professor. It needs to have a clear thesis sentence and it needs to have a title that is very catchy like an attention grabber. It can be either a quote, a line from a movie (like super size me). There needs to be 5 references, 3 needs to be peer reviewed sources and 2 can be other sources. He will check the references make sure they’re not plaigiarized and are properly cited since he will not give any points if it’s copy and pasted from the source. Also, I need a power point also with at least 7 slides.