Assignment 2.2: Policemen of the World Final Paper
Due Week 10 and worth 120 points
You have already developed a thesis statement and developed an outline in
which you explored two (2) real-life international incidents from the past five
(5) years involving the United States as they received an elevated status as a
world power. Now you will develop the final paper in which you explore your main
points in detail.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Introduce your paper with your previously crafted thesis statement.
- Discuss two (2) international events involving the US military from the past
five (5) years that can be traced back to a foreign policy created after the
- Discuss three (3) aspects of US history since 1865 that has led to the US’s
rise as a world super power policeman.
- Identify three to five (3-5) international incidents since World War II
where America has taken on a policing role.
- Determine three to five (3-5) driving forces that fueled international
policy decisions involving the international incidents you outlined previously.
(Consider treaties, exit strategies, elections, wars, etc.)
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the
textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Analyze the rise of the United States to a world “superpower” and how that
status has shaped its internal developments in recent decades.
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper