Hello Please assist me with writing the below paper. 800 – 1000 words. Thanks!
Contemplate the comment, “Targeted reading helps you to
practice in an evidence-informed way” (Rousseau & Barends, 2011, p. 228).
Before you begin to write your paper, do the following:
- Formulate an answerable question: Before
conducting your directed research, begin with a focused question based on
a practical HR-related issue or problem. Then, formulate a targeted
question, giving consideration to “the kind of setting (professional,
government, non-governmental organization, for-profit) in which you’re
interested, the values and preferences of the targeted group, and the
kinds of outcomes that matter” (Rousseau & Barends, 2011, p. 228).
- Search for the evidence: Once you have
formulated your question, locate and read a systematic review or
meta-analysis offering scientific evidence answering your question.
- Write an 800- to 1000-word paper guided by the
- Introduction: Write a brief introduction to the paper.
- Article Summary: Provide a brief summary of the
Rousseau and Barends (2011) article.
- Focused, Answerable Question: Identify your focused,
answerable question, explaining the bases for its selection.
- Critical Appraisal of the Evidence: Critically
appraise the evidence (i.e., the systematic review or a meta-analysis),
using the following criteria:
- What is the study’s methodology? Is it valid?
- Does the study appear to have a high or low level of evidence?
Factually support your response.
- Is there potential bias in the study? Explain.
- Integration: Evidence, Experience, and Expertise:
Integrate the evidence with your own experience and expertise, as well as
the context and stakeholder concerns.
- Is the evidence informative? Explain.
- Briefly, what scientific evidence appears applicable
to your situation?
- Briefly, what scientific evidence appears
inapplicable to your situation?
- After combining the best available scientific
evidence, the business information, and your own experience and
expertise, what evidence-based decision(s) would you suggest?
- Conclusion: Provide a brief conclusion.
- In your paper:
- Use appropriate headings for each of the items a-f in
- Include a cover page and a reference page in addition
to the 800-1000 words required for the assignment.
- Thoroughly review your completed paper for APA
formatting and mechanics. Check the instructions of this workshop
document and the rubric for this assignment to be sure that your paper has
met all requirements.