A criminal penalty can take many forms and must meet four criteria: it must inflict pain or other unpleasant consequences, be prescribed in the same law that defines the crime, be administered intentionally, and be administered by the state.
- What are the purposes of criminal punishment?
- What is burden of proof in a criminal case? Who must meet this burden of proof?
- Who has the burden of proof to prove an affirmative defense? What is the standard for proving affirmative defense?
- What are indeterminate sentencing laws?
This individual work should include the following:
- An in-depth submission that should be free of spelling and grammar errors.
- An essay containing a minimum of 300 words.
- You will be assessed on the rationale you use in addressing the questions/issue posted, and how well you justify your argument regarding this issue.
- Your response must be thought-provoking, have well developed ideas and/or opinions, and should reference any supporting material from the text, lecture or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
- You may use your text or the internet as a reference, but remember to cite your sources according to APA guidelines.
For citation guidelines, please refer to the table in the APA Style section of the syllabus.
MUST BE PLAGIARISM FREE!!!