Week 5 project
Delivery of the Persuasive Speech topic: Should all schools require students wear uniforms
Note: the time limit for this speech is 5–7 minutes.
Many of the aspects of your persuasive speech are the same as for your informative speech. The difference, however, is that you are attempting to persuade your audience to think a certain way or to take some sort of action:
- Your introduction should engage your specific target audience specific to your topic.
- Your introduction should possess a single, purposeful thesis that previews the main points of your speech.
- After the introduction, the body of your speech should have clear main points and smooth transitions between them that continue informing the audience on your topic.
- Present your speech with relevancy, and credibility.
- Use effective logical and emotional appeals to enhance your attempts to persuade the audience.
- Use your voice tone, inflection, and volume appropriately.
- Use eye contact, facial expression, hand gestures, and other body language smoothly and appropriately in line with your words. Any other visual aids should be used appropriately as well.
In your conclusion, be sure that you relate back to the main points and provide a memorable final statement. For this assignment, you will be asked to provide 3-5 references. Two must be from a scholarly journal associated with your profession that is peer-reviewed and taken from the South library databases.
You will be asked to prepare a reference page in APA style and submit it along with your speech. For information about APA style,
Your speech should make relevant and effective use of sources that have been gathered from academic outlets that relate to your topic. You will find many databases in the South University Library. The librarian can help direct you to those dealing with your particular topic. Name your document SU_SPC1026_W5_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc and submit your document to theSubmissions Area by the due date assigned