åADV 225 –– Fall 2018
WRITING PROJECT 7
DEVELOPMENT OF EMAIL FOR QUOTE APPROVAL (70 POINTS)
- Due 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30
Please review your video lecture and, as you have been doing all semester, you will apply the AWE (assess, write, edit) method.
You — in the role of Leslie Knope — will be developing an email to send to the mayor of Traverse City. He has told you that City Commissioner Edna Krabappel needs to have a quote in this Iron Cross release, and has asked you to develop the quote and then send it to him; he will be seeing her and can get you approval for the quote.
- You are sending the email as if you were Leslie Knope.
- What would the email subject line be?
- What would your salutation be?
- What would you say in the first paragraph of the email?
- The second paragraph should be the quote.
- The third paragraph should be a call to action: What do you need from the mayor? Hint: You need the mayor to let you know if it is approved the way you wrote it, or if there are revisions.
- Finally, how would you end the email?
Include on your document:
- Your name
- Your PID
- The text of the email
Submit your quote via D2L.